Wednesday, March 3, 2010

An Explanation

You will notice on my recent posts and, if you decided to look allll the way back through, on all my past posts mentioning the baby, I have changed his name to a nickname. You will also notice this change on my header. I realize that those of you that have been reading for awhile will know what his name is and a nickname won't change that for you, but, as I mentioned before, I'm trying to implement some safety measures on the blog.

I've always thought nicknames were kind of silly and I have a hard time thinking of ones I think are good, but it was really important to Tim that we change to a nickname for the baby, so that's what I did. From now on, he will be called "Toots" or, sometimes "TT." This nickname is for obvious reasons - because he's so gassy all the time ;)

Also, you will notice starting with my next post with professional pictures, that I have added a watermark to all future pictures. As of right now, the past pictures are watermark-less because I haven't had the time to go back through and change them. Perhaps I will do that, perhaps not. If someone has already stolen them, their kid just won't get any older because all the future ones of Toots will be watermarked. I'm also trying to fix it with Flickr that if you click on the picture, it says it is private instead of taking you to my Flickr page with the picture. In addition, I'm trying to disable the ability to right-click to save things off my blog. I thought I did both these things right but they aren't working - could someone PLEASE help me with this?! If I happen to post a picture on here or something else that you really want, please e-mail me (throneofthornes@gmail.com) and ask me for it and I'll be happy to send it to you. Also, if you have any questions in the future that you don't want to put on the Comments section of a post, you can use that e-mail to ask me anything you want.

Hope you think it's cute and not too silly/corny/weird that I am doing this. Thanks, again, for all of you that take the time to read and share in our life with us - I have a lot of fun telling you about it!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I think it's smart to do this, especially with a child. How do you disable the 'right click to save' on photos? Is that a blogger feature?

Lauren Thorne said...

Sara, its an HTML gadget you have to add. I'm actually having trouble right now getting it to work. I'm getting someone to help me hopefully and as soon as I figure it out I'll post a how-to!

mk said...

You're so awesome. I just went the lazy route and went private. Sometimes I don't like it, but I'm glad over all. I just like the fact that only friends can see it since I sometimes get a little personal. Oh and I heart the name "Toots". Glad you didn't just call him "Gassy", lol.