Monday, March 29, 2010

The End of The Week

I only have a couple pictures this week because I was a bad picture-taker! I'm trying to get better at it again.

On Thursday, Tim and I made an offer on a house. The seller's counter-offered only by demanding more things of us. They didn't come off their price a single penny and asked us to do a whole lot of other things. The house had some possible slab issues (nothing is wrong now but it is elevated on one part of the house) so we just decided to walk and not counter offer.

Friday, we made an offer on another house. We found out Saturday that they are selling the house because they can't afford it anymore and when their realtor gave them our offer, they told him they wanted to RAISE the price of the house on their counter offer (?!). Their realtor told them they couldn't do that, so they countered with the same price as they are asking and also said they wanted us to pay for everything the seller typically pays for in a contract. So, again, we walked. Boo on all these people acting crazy!

Saturday, my friend, Sarina, from high school came to Fort Worth to visit us for the day. She moved to Dallas from New York a month ago but we hadn't gotten to hang out yet and she hadn't met Toots before. We went to eat at Joe T. Garcias (yum yum!) and hung out for the day, it was really fun. After she left, I went and rented New Moon and Couples Retreat for us to watch. We watched New Moon that night. I haven't read any of the Twilight books (Tim has read them) but I really like the movies. Tim didn't think New Moon was as good as Twilight. We haven't watched Couples Retreat yet but will either tonight or tomorrow because we have to return it on Wednesday.

Sunday, we went to church and then went and looked at houses in Haslet, which is a little further north than Keller. We found a house we liked that is brand new, being sold by the builder, but I'm just not sure if I want to live out there yet or not. I think the neighborhood is really nice and Northwest ISD is a great school district, but the nearest grocery store is 20 minutes away and Tim would have a 40 minute drive to work so we just haven't decided if we want to do that or not.

We're going back to look at some more houses in Heritage, the neighborhood we like in Keller, probably tomorrow. Hopefully we'll find something that works and the sellers are willing to work with us as well. I guess that's about all that's been going on. Hope y'all had a great weekend!

Here's what I know you want to see :)

Is this not the cutest outfit ever? He was moving his arms like crazy but his face is just too cute not to post

P1000496



I don't know, mom....(look at his hands! haha)

P1000497

3 comments:

Bethany said...

How fun to be house hunting!! I'm excited for you! I'm sorry the first couple didn't work out as planned, but I'm sure you'll find something you love.

Natalie said...

Keep at the house hunting & you guys will find "the one"!! Jack was sitting on my lap while reading & as soon as the pics cam up he started talking to Toots!

YaYa said...

Lauren, Toots is sooooo cute and I love the outfit.....he is such a little gentleman with his carefully placed hands....Good luck on the househunting, sounds like some of your previous sellers had been watching too much HGTV!!!