Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend

We didn't have a very eventful weekend. Friday, Tim went to Beaumont for his mom's office Christmas party. She won two $100 Shell gas gift cards (she works for a company that owns Shell gas stations) and she was generous enough to give them to Tim. That definitely helps us out!

Saturday morning, I went to my brother's basketball games and took my little sister, Emily, to lunch. Tim came back around 2:00 and we just hung out the rest of the day. I decided to make chili (my first time) for dinner. I used the recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride (
http://www.jasonandshawnda.com/foodiebride/). It is under the "October" recipes. My mom also made it the same night and both Tim and my stepdad said it was the best chili they ever had. It was delicious! We also watched The Happening, which was really stupid and very disappointing.


Today we went to church and went to eat at Cracker Barrel. Then, we came home and took a long nap and then went running. I ran for 30 minutes straight, 3.29 miles. I was pretty excited because that's the most I've run since I hurt my knee and I felt great! We went to my dad's for our Sunday dinner with them to complete the weekend.


Uneventful, but pretty relaxing! We are going to Beaumont either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning for Thanksgiving. Tim is going to be sworn into the Bar by his dad on Wednesday afternoon. Since his dad is a judge, he is allowed to do the swearing in ceremony to officially make Tim a lawyer in Texas.


Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a great Thanksgiving!

0 comments: