Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Quick Update From the Finals Dungeon

Just wanted to pop in and give a quick update...

The Harris County DA just called me to let me know that I impressed the attorneys in my second interview and so they would like me to come for a third interview with the Hiring Committee!

My interview will be on Tuesday, November 18th. I have to be there at 10:00 AM to watch a Misdemeanor Docket so that I will know what I will be doing if I receive a job offer from them. That will last for about an hour or hour and a half, then I will have a quick lunch break and have my interview at 1:00. The interview will last for 30 minutes.

They told me in my second interview that they were planning on letting everyone know BEFORE Thanksgiving whether or not they got a job offer. That would be less than a week for them to decide because they are interviewing people on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday so I don't know if that will still be the case, but they decided relatively quickly this time and they have already called everyone's references so hopefully I will know when they said I would.

Based on the number of interviews, and assuming they are filling up every slot, they are going to be interviewing 30 people. Out of those 30, I was told they were planning on hiring between 8 and 10 people. It seems like they have narrowed it by about half everytime, except for after the first interview they narrowed by about 3 times (from approximately 300 to 60 people). Anyway, that means I have to "beat out" about 20 people in order to get a job offer. It may or may not happen, but I am excited for the opportunity to get some interviewing experience and that I have done well enough so far to keep getting more interviews.

This turned out to be a little longer post than I thought! Thanks to everyone who has been keeping me in their thoughts and prayers.

Back to the dungeon until Friday at 11:15ish....

0 comments: