Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Good News and Sort of Bad News

We are in Beaumont right now for Thanksgiving, but I wanted to give a quick update. First the sort of bad news...I heard from the Harris County DA today and I didn't get an offer. I'm really not upset about it, although it would have been awesome to have gotten an offer. I found out at my last interview that I would likely be worked 7 AM to 7 PM during the week and several weekends a month. This does not sound very appealing to me - especially for the amount of money I would be making! They told me they were very impressed with me in the interview and if they had had a few more spots, I would have gotten an offer (I don't know if they might say this to everyone!) and they encouraged me to apply after I take the bar if I haven't already gotten a job. I wouldn't have to go through the interview process again, I would just have to have one interview with the Hiring Committee.

For the good news... I received an e-mail from the Tarrant County DA's Intern Coordinator today telling me that she had been asked to contact me about interning with them after I take the bar. I think I told y'all in the post about my interview with them that they encouraged me to intern with them after I take the bar because they give first preference on jobs to their interns. In the interview, they told me to contact the intern coordinator about interviewing for an internship. I hadn't contacted her yet because I was trying to figure out what was going on with Tim's job situation. So, I'm really happy that they obviously liked me enough to tell the intern coordinator about me and get her to e-mail me! I am hopefully going to interview with the intern hiring committee on December 18th. As I have probably made really clear to a lot of people, we VERY much want to live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, so this is such a blessing to have the possibility of an internship with the Tarrant County DA that could lead to a job offer. They are known to be one of the best DA's in the state, they pay really well, and it has an outstanding reputation as a great place to work. Now, we just have to find Tim a job in the DFW area so that we can be sure to live there!

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!

0 comments: