Sunday, November 30, 2008

Blog Update and Weekend

I don't know how I feel about my new background, but I was trying to get in the Christmas mood on the blog and it's the only one I could find that I liked the way it looked with our Christmas card (the header)! I'll keep it for now and think about changing it. If something is hard to read, please let me know and I'll change the colors. I have the apartment all decorated but it isn't exactly like I want it, yet, so I am going to wait to post pictures until I get it just right.

On Friday, we went shopping in Beaumont and got most of our Christmas presents bought. We just have about 6 more people. We also went out with some of Tim's friends to a bar. It's funny going out in Beaumont now because, since I had jaw surgery, no one I went to high school with knows who I am - unless they are friends with me on facebook. And, some of the people on facebook don't even recognize me in real life. I sort of enjoy this because I can sit back and watch and see them without having to actually socialize with people I didn't really socialize with in school in the first place. The only time I don't enjoy it is if I see a sibling of one of my classmates and I want to ask how that person is doing but I don't feel like trying to explain to the sibling who I am. I know it doesn't seem like it would take that much effort, but most of the time I just don't want small talk :)

Saturday, we came back to Waco and just kind of took it easy. I felt like I was getting sick about the time we were going to bed so I took some Nyquil but, sure enough, I woke up in the middle of the night unable to breathe and with a TERRIBLE sore throat. It's been all downhill from there. Today I am very achy, my throat is still scratchy, and my nose is realllllly stopped up. I kind of feel like I have fever, but the thermometer says I don't. I don't think it's the flu because I got a flu shot but I hope I don't have strep throat. Kate, our neice, was sick this week so I think maybe we got it from her. Tim also doesn't feel good but doesn't feel as bad as me. Today we went to Target and the grocery store and that's about it. We didn't go to my dad's for dinner because I didn't want to get them sick.

This week, I have two Christmas parties at work, we have Supper Club on Saturday, and we are starting half marathon training Saturday morning. It should be a busy but fun week. Hope everyone had a nice weekend!


1 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the new background!