Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend

One last weekend before finals and Practice Court start.

Tim came in town on Friday afternoon and we drove to Crockett to visit my Nanny & Papa and for Tim to go hunting with my stepdad. We ate dinner out at the duck lease and then me and my mom drove back into Crockett to stay at my grandparents.

Saturday, my mom, Nanny, and I spent much of the day playing Mah Jong. It's kind of like the internet game in that it has the same tiles but it isn't the same format at all. It is basically matching up tiles to make certain sequences. It was really fun!

Sunday, I went and got Tim from the lease and we drove to Houston for our neice, Carolyn's, baptism. We went to that and then drove back to Waco. Luckily, Tim spent the night with me last night so we actually got to spend a little time together since we didn't get to see eachother much this weekend. We went to my dad's to eat dinner and then came back home and pretty much went straight to bed. We were so tired from all the driving.

I got up this morning and made him breakfast and then he left. It is definitely getting harder being apart from eachother. I'm glad we don't have to do that much longer because I do get sad during the week without him.

For those of you that don't know, I wanted to explain a little about Practice Court before I get into it and may not be able to blog as often. Practice Court is kind of like boot camp at Baylor. It is three classes, divided up into two quarters (PC I and II the first quarter, PC III the second quarter) and the classes teach you all about trial procedure and evidence as well as make you do actual mini-trials and a big trial in PC III. The hard part about it is the reading. The first two to three weeks of Practice Court, you have 500 to 600 pages of reading EACH NIGHT. A lot of people don't get any sleep during this time. I'm going to try to make sure I get sleep because I am one of those people who can't function without it. Also, for people who have to take more classes to finish school with PC III, it can be challenging to handle having your trial and your other class loads at the same time and, for some people, prepare for the Bar Exam at the same time. Luckily, I have already taken enough classes so I only have to take PC III my last quarter as well as get ready for the bar. Anyway, hopefully I will balance it well, but it will be challenging, especially with just finishing finals four days before I start Practice Court.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend and a good Monday!

1 comments:

Abby said...

Ewww that sounds awful!! Good luck though! I know how it is not seeing your husband for a week. This week will be the 3rd of 4 weeks that I don't see Paxton :( It's hard... on both of us.