Thursday, November 12, 2009

Without Further Delay

Sorry that I am so late posting this week! I think I will do three posts today. One with my normal weekly update, one with pictures from my shower last weekend, and one with pictures of the finished nursery.

As you know from my post last week, I found out on Thursday that I pass the Bar! It was such a relief to know that I am now done with everything. It wouldn't have been the end of the world if I didn't pass, but since Toots is supposed to be born in January, there's no way I could've taken the bar again in February, so I would have had to put off taking it until next July and I'd just rather not do that. Plus, trying to study with a newborn probably wouldn't have been the easiest thing. Here's a picture of the beautiful tulips Tim brought home for me as a congratulations:

Friday, my mom came into town in the afternoon. We went downtown and ate at Mi Cocina for dinner - it was yummy. Saturday, we ran some errands and then got ready for the shower. It was in Frisco at my friend Kaitlin's house. Everything was wonderful and I got some great stuff for Toots! I am lucky to have such great friends to throw a shower for me. My Nanny, aunt, and cousin spent the night on Saturday after the shower, so we went to Joe T. Garcia's for dinner - which was also really yummy. Sunday, we went and ate breakfast with everyone and then my mom decided to go ahead and stay again on Sunday, so we ran around all day to get stuff for the nursery and went to Jason's Deli for dinner.

My mom left on Monday and I spent most of the day finishing up everything for the nursery that I could get done. I was pretty exhausted from my busy weekend. We had our second Child Birth class on Monday night and also had an Infant CPR class on Tuesday night. The infant CPR class wasn't as helpful as we had hoped and I think we could've gotten the same information online without having to pay for it. We were glad to finally get to be home last night since we hadn't been getting home until 9:30 the two nights before. Things have just been pretty busy this week so that's why I haven't posted!

Here's my belly picture for this week. I couldn't tell much of a difference from last week. I don't go to the doctor again until November 30th, so I won't know if I am still growing normally or ahead or behind until then.

And here's an update on baby this week:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now (actually, most books and websites I've looked at have said that he is more like 17 inches this week), and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.
He is moving around just as he was. I think he gets tired when I get tired because the days I am exhausted I don't feel him quite as much. I notice more "waves" in my stomach when he moves than just little jabs now.
Here's a picture:
This Friday, I have a final shower that Tim's work is throwing for me at noon. We are leaving after that for Waco to go to my friend Michelle's baby shower (she's due three days before me!) and spend the night in Waco. We're going to go to Boerne on Saturday and stay there Saturday night and Sunday night. Monday morning, we're driving to Austin for the swearing-in ceremony for newly licensed attorneys so then I will be a full-fledged attorney :) Hope everyone has had a wonderful week so far and has a great weekend!