Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Recap

I decided I'm not going to post a belly picture this week because I just took the one last week on Wednesday, so it doesn't look any different between Wednesday and Sunday. I will make sure to take one on time this next Sunday so there might actually be a difference!

We had a pretty relaxing, uneventful weekend. Friday, Tim worked until 5:00 and then we went to Carrabba's for dinner to use the giftcard his mom got me for passing the bar. It was delicious! I loveee that place. Then, we went to the movies to see 2012. Tim had been wanting to see it. By the time we got there for the 8:30 showing, there were only 2 seats left so we knew we would be right at the very front. We decided to wait until the 9:45 showing to see it (it was on two screens) so we just sat in the bar area and Tim had a couple beers and we watching the Mavs game. The movie was pretty good. It got terrible reviews so we weren't sure what to expect but it wasn't bad. Of course, there were a lot of unbelievable things that happened - but we expected that. The theatre was super crowded because of New Moon and Blindside. We want to see both of those but didn't want to try this weekend.

Saturday, we slept in until almost 11:00 and then went to lunch with Jen, Alan, and their son, Connor, at Double Dave's Pizza (another yummy place!). We were glad to get to visit with them and hang out for awhile. Then, we did a little bit of Christmas shopping before coming back home. We got Chicken Express for dinner and rented this movie called Franklyn. It was really weird.

Sunday, we slept in again and then got some donuts. We watched football and got Wing Stop for a late lunch (lots of healthy food this weekend, obviously). Then, Tim did some work while I went to the grocery store. We also went on a long walk to try to make up for some of the bad food.

Today, I went to "court" to fight a red light ticket I got back in September. They said I ran a red light when I was turning right on red - that I didn't stop before turning - but the video clearly showed me stopping. Anyway, I went in this morning and they agreed with me! The guy said it definitely showed I stopped, so there was a finding of non-liability and I didn't have to pay the $75 fine. Yippee!

We're going to Crockett, in east Texas, for Thanksgiving on Thursday and staying there through the weekend. Tim and my stepdad are going to go duck hunting as well. I LOVE Thanksgiving food so I am super excited about it.

Toots was going crazy while we were watching 2012. I think because of all the explosions and stuff. His new favorite thing is to stick his (I think) heel out so I have a little point coming out of my right side. He pretty much only moves on my right side. It's extremely rare to feel him on the left. I've been sleeping worse and worse - waking up a bunch and having to get up to go to the bathroom a lot. Hopefully it will get better, but I'm not holding my breath. I can't believe I only have 8 weeks left!

Here's more what's going on with him this week:

He's starting to get ready for his big debut, tipping the scales at almost 4 pounds and topping out at just about 19 inches. In these last few weeks, it's all about practice, practice, practice as he hones the skills he'll need to surive and thrive outside the womb, from swallowing and breathing to kicking and sucking. And speaking of sucking, your little one has been able to suck his thumb for a while now. Another change this week: As more and more fat accumulates under your baby's skin, he's becoming less transparent and more opaque.

One last thing. If you are a pray-er, if you could please keep my friend, Lindsey's, mom in your prayers. They found out she has brain cancer and she needs all the prayers she can get. I know Lindsey and her family would really appreciate it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!