Thursday, September 25, 2008

Interview and Knee Issues

I had an interview today with the Harris County (Houston) District Attorney's Office for a job as an Assistant District Attorney when I graduate. It was nice to interview with a DA's office so I will know what to expect in the future. I thought the interview went pretty well, but I can never tell if they like me enough to give me a call back. Usually, they decide within two weeks who they are going to call back and who they aren't. We'll see what happens! I definitely want to work for a DA's office and be a prosecutor, so I will look anywhere necessary until I can find a job with one.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor for a follow up from an MRI I had last week. About two months ago I hurt my knee running and have been having problems since. The doctor thought I had a torn meniscus and so he sent me for an MRI last Thursday. The MRI didn't end up showing anything, so he is know 90% sure I have Illiotibial Band Syndrome. This is a tendon that runs from your need to your hip. He said he only sees about 4 or 5 cases of it a year and it is usually in women runners. The bad thing is, its very difficult to get rid of. I have to start therapy next week for the next 4 weeks, going 2 to 3 times a week and I cannot workout my legs at all during this time period. I am definitely going to have to watch my calorie intake with this very reduced workout ability! Hopefully the physical therapy will correct the problem and it won't be something that keeps coming back. I didn't realize how much I would miss running when I couldn't do it so I am looking forward to being able to get back into it.

I am very execited about the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy tonight! My friend Stephanie is coming over to have dinner and watch it with me. She is bringing her little Maltese named Calli. She is really fun, but Tucker (our Yorkie) is such a loner that he won't play with her sometimes. It's annoying! I am hoping the premiere will be good but I am already disappointed they are making Derek's old girlfriend Rose be pregnant. I was really hoping they would finally let he and Meredith be together.

Tim has his interview in Fort Worth tomorrow at 10:30 AM, so please be thinking of him! He will leave tonight and go stay with his friend Tennessee, who lives in Fort Worth, so he won't have to worry about traffic or anything tomorrow. I'll post again on Sunday after we've gone to the A&M game and give an update on the weekend and his interview.

0 comments: