Tuesday, April 20, 2010

La Cucaracha

Sorry for the blogging hiatus last week. I can't promise it won't continue at some point because Toots is sleeping horrendously! We're trying to figure out what's causing it because he had been going 8 hours a night but haven't figured it out yet.

I started working part-time from home for Tim's firm to bring in some extra money and keep my mind fresh on some legal stuff. It's more difficult than I thought it would be to find time to work since I really can only do it when Toots is napping and there are other things that need to be done as well. It also makes it difficult when he's not sleeping because I am SO tired! Hopefully I will get into a better groove because I want to do a good job at this.

I'm going to do a separate post of pictures because I have a lot of them to post. I also have a cute video but I've got to figure out how to post that as well. The title of the post refers to weekend before last when my friends Jill and Kaitlin were visiting us for the day. We went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and a little mariachi band showed up and started playing while we were there. It was absolutely hilarious, Toots started dancing to the music (bobbing and swaying back and forth) and even started going "whooo whooo" like he was singing! It was TOO cute. I got a video of him dancing a little to the music on his exersaucer as well. I think I need to find a mariachi CD to play him :)

Tim and I switched off nights this weekend getting up with Toots so each of us could get a full night of sleep. He ended up letting me get better sleep because he decided to come out and sleep on the couch. Next time, I'm going to do that so he doesn't wake up at all. So sweet of him!

We will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary one week from today. We're going to go to Waco for the weekend this weekend to visit and to go eat at this restaurant we love there called 1424. Kind of funny we are going from Fort Worth to Waco for somewhere to eat! We also wanted to hang out with family, though, so it gives us the opportunity to do both.

As far as my mentioning about Toots eating from bottles now on my last post, he got a cold about a month or so ago and wouldn't nurse when he had it because it was hard for him to breathe and I think tilting him to the side hurt his sinuses. So, I started giving him pumped milk then. When he got better, he still wouldn't nurse because I think he got used to getting the milk easier from the bottle. I was really upset about this because I was actually starting to enjoy nursing but I have been able to keep up with it and give him pumped breastmilk all day and he just gets one bottle of formula (which I was doing even when I was nursing). I actually was able to get him to nurse yesterday evening but when he starts having to work harder to get the milk out, he gets mad and won't do it anymore. I mostly just care that he gets the breastmilk for as long as he can so I'm just going to try to keep up with the pumping.

I can't think of anything else exciting except less than one month til we close on the house! Everything came out great with the inspection and we got the final approval on our loan the other day, so we are all set to go. Yay!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I will follow this post with a post of pictures.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You seemed a bit out of sorts during C's party, I kinda figured this had something to do with Toot's not wanting to nurse. Once they get free-flowing milk from a bottle, no matter how slow the nipple. They aren't willing to go back to the boob. This was really frustrating for me to come to grips with. At least you were able establish your supply, C wouldn't even let me do that. He wouldn't nurse period. I was terribly upset by the whole experience and got alot of negative feedback from family members saying that I should just give up on breastfeeding & give him the bottle. It was heart-wrenching for me. So, I know where you are coming from. :) If you ever want to just talk, vent or ask questions, you can call me. No matter what the hour. I had a great friend that let me do this when I was breastfeeding C. It didn't matter if it was 2AM, she was there. :) It was a great feeling knowing that I had a friend (other than Alan) that had my back.

Natalie said...

That is so amazing that you are exclusively pumping for him... such dedication! I didn't necessarily mind pumping when I was at work, but I can't imagine having to do it without nursing. You should be very proud of yourself for sticking with it!

I never had issues with Jack going back & forth from breast and bottle when I went back to work full-time at 8 wks... that was my biggest stress with nursing.

TexasBobbi said...

Oh girl I am so sorry.