Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dixie Lullaby

When Brendan was a baby, I played music on the iPod for him before bed and would sometimes sing along to the music but never really sang to him on my own. Sometimes, Tim would sing him "Dixie Lullaby" by Pat Green whenever he was trying to put him to sleep. My favorite song with him was "Lullaby" by the Dixie Chicks and I played it a lot on the iPod for him. 


When Griffin was born and we started a bedtime routine, I didn't have an iPod in the room with him so I was "forced" to sing. I can never remember all the words to the Dixie Chicks' song, but for some reason I am easily able to remember all of the lyrics to Dixie Lullaby that Tim used to sing. So, it is now part of our routine every night that I read Griffin "Goodnight Moon" and then I turn the light out and rock him and sing Dixie Lullaby while he finishes eating. 

Do you have a special song you sing your kids? Or, if you don't have kids, is there a song you think you will want to sing to them when you have kids?

3 comments:

Tabouleh said...

Wow you are courageous to sing a song by a famous singer... well done. I usually go for children's songs or lullaby's be it in Arabic or English. I find my two kids as me to sing certain ones. I love how colorful your blog is and your little boy is gorgeous.

YaYa said...

I LOVE your new blog page, it is so beautiful....yes I always used to sing to my kids, my favorite was always the old song "You are my Sunshine"....couldn't sing very well.....also used to wake them up in the morning singing "Wake up, wake up, you sleepyhead, get up, get up on out of bed." They always hated that when they got to be teenagers, but I still kept doing it!!!! Hope all is well with you and the family....those boys are just precious!

YaYa said...

I LOVE your new blog page, it is so beautiful....yes I always used to sing to my kids, my favorite was always the old song "You are my Sunshine"....couldn't sing very well.....also used to wake them up in the morning singing "Wake up, wake up, you sleepyhead, get up, get up on out of bed." They always hated that when they got to be teenagers, but I still kept doing it!!!! Hope all is well with you and the family....those boys are just precious!