Monday, February 21, 2011

Hear Ye, Hear Ye

Brendan has an announcement he would like to make:


Yes, that's right, folks! Brendan is going to be a BIG brother! I am currently 8 weeks, 4 days pregnant and due September 29th. We have seen/heard the heartbeat twice at the doctor now, so I think everything is going to go smoothly and work out, so we didn't want to keep it a secret any longer :)
So far, I pretty much feel the same way as I did with Brendan. I feel sick if I haven't eaten but I haven't actually gotten sick at all and, other than being tired, I feel fine. Brendan and the baby will be just about 21 months apart. I can't think of anything else to tell you right now. I have an ultrasound picture from today but haven't been able to scan it yet so I will post it another time this week or next week. Start your guessing on what we're having ;)

Here's a couple pictures of Brendan from today because I'm quite possibly the worst picture taker ever since he has turned one! Poor Brendan. I am going to make a real effort to be better about it.

His new favorite thing is taking his race cars and dropping them through the little holes on the sides of this chair. He has also discovered pushing cars/tractors/trucks/etc. around and loves to run them over the fireplace and along the floor. It's very cute.

He also enjoys trying to step on and put things that are too heavy on his racetrack. I feel like I am constantly saying "No, Brendan, that is going to break it" and then he gives me a mischievous smile and tries to keep doing it. He has, however, learned how to roll the cars down the ramp onto the spinning part of the racetrack rather than just throwing them into the spinner. That new trick is courtesy of Daddy.
Happy boy! I finally was able to make him laugh and get a clear picture of him smiling and being extra happy! It's a miracle :)
He also took both of his bottles out of a sippy cup today! There was a little complaining once he was done, but he drank them without a fight. I am so happy! He is turning into such a big boy. I don't think he crawled once today, just walked. He got his one year shots but only cried for a minute and then has acted fine the rest of the day.

He spent a wonderful and fun weekend with his Lolli, Pops, Aunts Emily and Caroline and Uncle Alex in Waco. Tim and I had two blissful days of sleeping in (well, sort of two for me, I had to get up at 4:00 AM to go register him for Mother's Day Out on Saturday morning. It doesn't start until the very end of August, but that's another story! And, I did get to come home and go back to sleep for 3 hours), going to dinner and going to a Miranda Lambert concert at Billy Bob's. It was a great break for us and I know Brendan had a fun time. They also successfully got him to start drinking only water out of his sippy cup instead of water mixed with juice. Yay!

That's about it! If you are friends with me on facebook, you will know I haven't posted this on facebook yet. I wanted to post it for my awesome blog readers to see first and I will likely post about it on facebook tomorrow. Hope y'all had a fun weekend!

6 comments:

LEM said...

Wow! Congrats, Lauren. Two under two should be tons of fun!!

Sara said...

4 am pre-school sign-ups??? Boy, I am glad my "kid" (dog) can just stay in a laundry room during the day!!!

Congrats on your new addition.

Natalie said...

Congrats!!

I am the same way with taking pictures of Jack recently... although my excuse has been weather!

Abby said...

OH my goodness- CONGRATS!!! How exciting! Hope it's a girl!
I found out last week that a friend of mine is pregnant again too- hers will be about 21 months apart as well!! But she's due in July, so she's ahead of ya.

Brendan is SO big- and walking! How fun! We really should get together soon.

Hope you are feeling well!

YaYa said...

Congratulations!!! That is exciting news!! I know that Brendan will make a great big brother!!! Hugs to all.

Kelli said...

Congrats! I sometimes forget to read your blog because it doesn't show up on my blogger dashboard anymore, so I missed the big announcement. I'm excited for you all!