Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Week At Home

As I mentioned in one of my posts last week, we were trying to stay home most of the week because I didn't want to have to fill up with gas until Friday and I only had a quarter of a tank. I tried to come up with some fun and "different" stuff for us to do at home since we aren't used to staying home so much. Here are some pictures of what we did.

I filled up my bathtub with water and put Brendan and I in our bathing suits and we "swam" and played in the water. He loved it!
We went to the park and went down some slides for the first time. I went down the slides with him and then, once, on this slide I just held him from the side and helped him go down. He wasn't scared but he was less than impressed with the experience.


He played naked one day which I haven't let him do since he was only a couple months old and had bad diaper rash. When I put him down on all the towels I laid on the carpet, he promptly peed on my foot. Good times. Luckily, he didn't pee again after that. He's channeling Matthew McConnaughey in this picture, a la playing the bongos naked (but he wasn't high on pot ;)).

Wayyy back in May, I bought a kit to make a garden/stepping stone for my Nanny's garden for her birthday. I realized this week I had forgotten to make it all this time, so one afternoon we did that. I know it's not the greatest thing, but I did get a really good handprint!

We also played outside with his toys one morning. He really loves being outside.

He played with paper one day (all the ads from the newspaper that weren't made of newspaper material).

Of course, he wanted to eat it and I had to keep taking it out of his mouth, but he likes the sound paper makes when you crinkle it so I knew he would enjoy it.

We practiced playing ball and rolling the ball back and forth to eachother.

He got his first toothbrush and likes to "brush" his teeth throughout the day.

On Saturday evening, Nanny and Papa came and spent the night on their way home from Red River, NM. They brought Brendan a really cool camo chair. I couldn't get him to look at me but here's a picture of him in it.

The next morning, we went to eat at Cracker Barrel before they left. Here's Brendan and Papa chatting before we left for breakfast :) Brendan LOVES his Papa (and Nanny, too, of course!) and loves to look at him all the time.
Last but not least, we played in the grass, which is another thing Brendan is veryyy fond of. I don't understand it because the grass itches my legs, but he thinks it's fun to rub his legs around in the grass and pull the grass up out of the ground.

That's about all. Hope everyone had a fun weekend!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

That's awesome that Brendan loves the grass! Jack still hates how "scratchy" it is, even though our grass up north is FAR softer than the southern grasses.

LEM said...

I LOVE this post - we need to stay home more and you gave me some great ideas (M would LOVE to swim in my garden tub and would be overjoyed if I gave him a pile of paper!)!! Also, Mitchell thinks his toothbrush is God's greatest gift from Heaven, seriously. I bought an extra to take out when we run errands and he will just sit in the shopping cart, etc. happily chomping on that thing the whole time!

Brendan is an absolute doll!

TexasBobbi said...

Sounds like a fun week.

YaYa said...

Lauren, those are such precious pics....he is growing up so fast. Where did you find the stepping stone kit. I need another one! Also would you please send me your address to my email ahobson@vha.com. I would like to send you an invite to Abby's baby shower next month....Take care of that sweet baby!!!!