Friday, January 22, 2010

Well, hello there!

I finally got a few pictures with Toot's eyes open! Yay!

We had his two week appointment yesterday and he weighed 8 lbs 10 ounces! That's a gain of 21 ounces in 10 days - he's definitely a growing boy! They don't measure height again until one month so we've got a couple weeks before that. He also ate out of a bottle for the first time on Thursday and did great with it. It will be helpful when we're out and about and it's time for a feeding.

Last weekend, when we went to Crockett, two different times in the car, Toots did this weird jerking/twitching thing with his hands and feet that really scared us because it wasn't normal jerking in his sleep like you see babies do and the second time it happened it took me 10 minutes to wake him up. We mentioned it to the doctor and he decided to send us for an ultrasound of his brain. We got it done today and, thankfully, everything looks fine! The doctor just said to warch and if it happens again to call him.

Tonight and most of the day tomorrow, I will be by myself with Toots. Tim had to o to Beaumont because our sister-in-law's mother died this past week from cancer. She was a wonderful lady and actually taught me physics and another class in high school. I am upset to not be able to go to the funeral, but we didn't think it would be a good idea for Toots to travel that far this early on (it's about a 5 hour drive). I'm glad Tim is able to be there even if I'm a little nervous to be taking care of him all on my own.

I decided to continue my post partum updates on Sundays, so I'll post again then. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Here's the pictures :)


Bobbi Janay @When did I go from a kid to a grown up? said...

Hey lady, I am glad he is growing like a weed.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad everything went well with the doctor appointment! Hopefully it doesn't happen any more... being a worried momma is no fun!

stephanie said...

I wish I would have known you would be by yourself - I would have definitely come to keep you company (although I'm sure I'd be no help with Brendan:)! I'm exited about lunch tomorrow and I am SO glad everything went ok with the Dr.